Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Liars, Liars: Pants on Fire!

Politicians suck.
Well - their campaigning sucks.

I know I am not alone in my frustration - my ultimate frustration in this (and every) campaign.

What is so hard about telling the truth?
If your truth stinks for some and is better for others and is great for a few: say it.
If an issue is going to create jobs - say it. If it's not; don't lie.
If an issue is really going to ammend a states' constitution to the downfall of its' citizens: they should know.

I am SO sick of campaign commercials (not just presidential) that all show "official" copies of the constituion, of voting histories, of attendance records - and so forth and so on.

How is the average person supposed to make sense of it all?
No one has the time to appropriately research each and every aspect of a politican, of a bill etc.

I hate that it is legal to spin!
Politicans should have to tell the truth: without spinning.

The thing is - political campaigns rest on their laurels a lot because we as a voting population are frankly: really, really ignorant - they count on it and totally take advantage: look at who has been in the white house for the past 8 years...need I say more?

I know I've said it before: educate yourself. Don't believe any: commercials, ads, pamphlets, campaigners. Do your own research, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Without questioning we would never advance.

No comments: